Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Opus on May 30th

A brief Opus update from tonight before I get to the fun one next week: 16 racers started. Most primes were shared among Flanders' Teresa and Shana, Velo Bellas Margot and Laurel, Linda from Hollywood, and I may have snagged one somewhere. Final results? I have no idea.

Next up: May 30th Opus. This one's special because the Cat 1/2/3's have informally agreed to stay out of it. So it's essentially the first Cat 4 crit of the season! There's also rumor of bonus primes (small prizes in addition to the normal points system). It'll be 12 laps as usual. Tell your friends; don't miss this one!

Here's an idea: what would you guys think of having an after-race informal discussion on May 30th? I'd call it a clinic but I don't want it to be formal, particularly since I have no coaches lined up yet. We didn't get a chance to do that after Opus #1 so this would be one way to make up for that.

More things are in the works as well, including a pending all-team group ride schedule of 2-3 rides before the next road race. This will give you a chance to work on pacelines and group riding skills. Stay tuned!

Paula

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home